Volunteering – Expand Peru
Life changing experience
We promote volunteering as a help mechanism for our different social, educational and medical assistance projects. Volunteers contribute directly to the integral development of the most needy populations of Peru.
A real experience
We offer volunteers a 100% Peruvian experience, outside of mass tourism, a real experience in which you will live, work and integrate as a member of our team and our society, enjoying a beautiful place and its culture helping the most needed through different programs.
- Work area: Our work takes place in the Mantaro Valley, in the center of the Peruvian Andes, 300 kilometers from the city of Lima, a beautiful place surrounded by mountains and traditional Andean villages.
- Characteristics: It is a place that offers volunteers the possibility of having a real Peruvian experience, where they can develop their activities as if they were a Peruvian, having the possibility of joining a different culture, sharing and learning from it.
Some reasons to volunteer with us:
- Family: Expand Peru is a family where all its members interact in a safe and welcoming environment.
- Grow: You will grow as a person through a real experience, where you will see that problems like, poverty and marginalization have not been a limitation to get ahead.
- Spare time: Our region offers you many alternatives for your free time, you can visit and see natural places (jungle, forests, lagoons, mountains, glaciers, rivers), archaeological remains, traditional villages, crafts, music, dance, typical celebrations and a very delicious gastronomy.
- Investment: You can see that the contribution you make in our organization is used accordingly based on the project.
- Impact: All our projects are designed to achieve a well-being that transcends over time.
- Culture: Peru has an ancient culture, the result of a unique historical process that you will enjoy from the first day.
You can volunteer in many ways, at any time of the year and in the most diverse fields of action, there are many populations with which to contribute and there are many ways to help. Each one of us has a lot to contribute.
- It is important that you choose the project in which you want to be involved, depending on your characteristics, experience and above all on your personal expectations.
- You can volunteer at any time of the year, we always need a lot of help, but it is advisable that you confirm your participation at least a week before.
- The minimum time we recommend for volunteer work is 02 weeks.
What we provide to our volunteers
For our volunteers to achieve their personal goals, work comfortably and generate real and transcendent help, Expand Peru provides:
- Certification: Official document that is delivered at the end of the work and that certifies your participation as a volunteer.
- Informative material: Which will allow the volunteer to have a better and safer stay in our city and its surroundings.
- Accommodation and food: According to the form chosen by the volunteer. (See: Stay and contribution)
- Assistance and Advice: From your first day till your last as a volunteer.
We do not provide: International air tickets, airport taxes, phone calls, obtaining visas, obtaining travel insurance, or vaccines.
Expand Peru finances its projects through the fees (Payments)
that volunteers grant for
Expand Peru works in the Mantaro Valley, a beautiful place surrounded by mountains, forests and very beautiful Andean towns.
Expand Perú se encargará de que tengas una muy buena estadía, pero ten en cuenta las siguientes recomendaciones.