Terms and Conditions
Registration and payment
To register, you must complete and submit the application form. The volunteer guarantees their participation by sending the application form and a copy of their flight tickets.
We do not charge in advance, online, or by any electronic means of payment. All payments are made after the arrival of the volunteer at our organization.
Acceptance and confirmation
Acceptance is communicated to the volunteer through an email from our organization.
The start of the volunteer program is the first day of accommodation.
Due to the nature of the program, and the type of organization required, refunds are impossible.
All volunteers have an obligation to respect and adapt to the forms and customs of Peruvian families with whom they live, as well as to maintain the cleanliness and order of the house.
Volunteers can request changes in accommodation only during the first three days, and changes are only made from one family to volunteer residence or vice versa. Changes in work or projects can only be made before being started. For this you will receive the necessary information and advice from our coordinators.
Arrivals and pick up at the Airport
Volunteers are obliged to inform with necessary time the modality of arrival to our town and to the organization, as well as notify if they need pick-up service at the airport. They must also send an itinerary of their trip until arrival in Huancayo, indicating dates and transport companies that they will use.
- Coordinators of our organization will wait for volunteers at the bus station or Jauja airport to transfer them and lodge them in their accommodation.
- If necessary, and only at the express request of the volunteer, our organization will send a person to pick up the volunteer at the airport in Lima. We will transfer them to an accommodation and the next day we will accompany them to take the bus to Huancayo. This last option has an additional cost of 90 dollars per person, that includes:
- Pick up at the airport and transfer to the accommodation
- Accommodation for one night in the city of Lima in a lodging house type accommodation
- Bus ticket Lima/Huancayo
- Transfers from accommodation to bus station
- Do not forget to send: Copy of plane ticket, an email indicating date and time of arrival in Huancayo, and a digital photo of yourself so that we can recognize you when picking you up from the airport.
Volunteers are advised to obtain their own travel insurance and medical insurance before leaving their country. Expand Peru does not cover insurance of any kind, nor expenses for illness or other medical care.
It is the responsibility of the volunteer to organize their free time without affecting their work activities. Weekend activities, trips, excursions, etc. are optional and not included in the price of the program. Expand Peru is not a travel agency. It does not charge for organizing these activities, but it is not obliged to do them either.
FoodIf you are vegetarian, let our coordinators know in advance, and we will organize your meals in an appropriate manner and provide you with a family that can help you without inconvenience.
BehaviorVolunteers must obey Peruvian laws, and must adapt to customs of the country. We reserve the right to expel (without refund) any volunteer whose behavior violates these rules. Abuse of alcohol, possession or use of illegal drugs, or other behaviors that go against customs and morals will immediately result in termination of the program and expulsion without refund of the volunteer. Our organization is not responsible for problems caused by disobeying the laws of the Peruvian state.
Expand Peru is committed to using information provided by aspiring volunteers or volunteers,only for purposes of our organization and volunteering. Your information will not be shared with any other organization or person of any kind.
Travel has inherent risks. By becoming a volunteer you acknowledge and accept these risks and those related to life and work in developing countries.
- Expand Peru is not responsible for inherent risks during the trip to which the volunteers may be exposed. These risks may include, but are not limited to: personal injury, property damage, illness, accidents, and common crime among others.
Texts, photos, graphic designs, and attached files on this website are property of EXPAND PERU, a non-profit civil association, legally assigned by their author, Mr. Bernabe Suarez Samaniego.
- Expand Peru reserves the right to use comments and all photos taken during stay of the Volunteer, unless the volunteer expressly refuses
By agreeing to be a volunteer with Expand Peru, you have read and accepted conditions described on this page.