TEACHER / GUIDE FOR CHILDREN AND YOUTH IN RURAL SCHOOLS
Name: Rural Schools
Whom we help: Girls and boys between six- and twelve-years old attending schools in rural areas in the Peruvian Andes.
Objective: Our main objective is to ensure access to comprehensive and quality education, providing opportunities for impoverished children in rural areas of the Peruvian Andes through assistance, guidance, and educational support that allows them to develop their full potential.
Rural schools are primary-level educational centers economically dependent on the Peruvian state, providing formal education for children aged 6 to 12. These schools lack professionals and adequate budgets, making it impossible for children to have activities that complement traditional education, resulting in an incomplete education.
Through this program, Expand Peru offers various courses, such as computing, English, art, among others, allowing children to acquire different knowledge and skills. This is why we need your help to improve the educational level of our schools and contribute to children receiving a good education for a better future.
- We promote human and intellectual development. We contribute to the development and improvement of educational quality. We enhance opportunities by providing tools that schools usually cannot offer. We offer educational and emotional support for the development of social, physical, and cognitive skills. We improve language skills through reading and learning different languages. We strengthen knowledge in mathematics and sciences. We stimulate creativity and artistic expression.
- Teach reinforcement classes: Provide reinforcement classes in subjects like mathematics, sciences, or languages, supporting children in their learning and helping them overcome academic challenges.
- Collaborate in the preparation of didactic materials and educational resources: Assist in preparing didactic materials and educational resources suitable for the needs and contexts of the children.
- Monitor individual academic progress: Track the individual academic progress of children, identify areas for improvement, and provide constructive feedback.
- Participate in creating educational projects and extracurricular activities: Collaborate in creating educational projects and extracurricular activities that complement the school curriculum and encourage the holistic development of children.
- Promote socioemotional skills: Assist in promoting socioemotional skills in children, such as empathy, conflict resolution, and self-esteem.