PROJECT – RURAL SCHOOLS
“Education for children in rural areas”
Rural schools are primary-level teaching centers, economically dependent on the Peruvian state, and formal education is provided for children between 6 and 12 years of age. In these schools, the lack of professionals and the lack of an appropriate budget make it impossible for children to have activities that adequately complement traditional education, making it an incomplete education.
Expand Peru through this project helps schools by providing them with teachers (Volunteers) who teach different and very varied courses, allowing children to acquire different knowledge and skills such as: computing, English, art, sports, among others.
Who we help:
- Girls and boys between the ages of six and twelve who attend schools in rural towns in the Peruvian Andes.
- Promote the integral development of children, strengthening skills through the teaching of the English language, computing, art, among others.
- Promote the human and intellectual development of children.
- Contribute to the growth and improvement of educational quality.
- Improve opportunities of children by giving them tools that may be useful to them in the future.
Volunteer Work / Activities:
Complementing traditional education with recreational, artistic or sports activities is important in the comprehensive training of children in rural areas, which is why we need the help of many volunteers. According to their abilities, the volunteer can choose the course that they can best develop, among: English, Art, Computing, Sports, among others.
PROJECT – SPECIAL EDUCATION
“Attention to children with disabilities”
The well-being of children is one of the most important responsibilities of society, but the poor economic conditions that exist in Peru, as well as hunger, malnutrition, unemployment and the lack of good medical care have made us have a high level of disabilities that affect children and their families and that represents a health problem due to the impact on the quality of life, the impact on the family and the resources that must be dedicated to their care.
“Disability” is considered as a restriction or absence of being able to carry out activities in a normal way. In general, it represents a temporary or permanent reduction in functional capacity. Hearing damage, amblyopia, physical and intellectual deficiencies, speech disorder, physical disability of the skeleton and muscles, among others.
Expand Peru promotes aid to this population that requires special attention so that in this way their quality of life and social integration improve.
Who we help:
- Children with different types of disabilities: intellectual, physical, auditory, visual.
- Collaborate in the care of children and adolescents with special needs due to intellectual and/or sensory disabilities, developing their abilities, talents, intellect, habits and moral capacities, thereby seeking their integration into society.
Volunteer work / activities
- Work in specific areas: Sensory and mental deficiencies.
- Coordination and support with the medical department.
- Skill development: Free time activities and integration with children.
- Physical, psychological, speech therapy, etc.