PROJECT - RURAL SCHOOLS
"Education for boys and girls in rural areas"
Rural schools are primary-level educational centers. They are economically dependent on the Peruvian state and formal education is provided for children between 6 and 12 years of age. In these schools, a deficit of professionals and lack of an appropriate budget make it impossible for children to have activities that adequately complement traditional education, making it an incomplete education. Expand Peru, through the Rural Schools program, dictates a multitude of courses that allow children to acquire different knowledge and skills such as: computing, English, and art, among others. This is why we need your help to improve the educational level of our schools and thereby help children have a good education and a better future.
Who we help:
- Girls and boys between the ages of six and twelve who attend schools in rural areas.
- Promote social and educational development by strengthening skills through the formal teaching of English, computing, and art.
- Promote the human and intellectual development of children.
- Improve opportunities of children by giving them tools that schools cannot normally provide.
- The important thing about volunteering in this project is the interaction with children, they need a lot of attention and dedication. According to their abilities, volunteers can choose the course that they can best develop, between: English, Art and Computing. If you have any different qualities let us know to organize something special. Remember that everything that can contribute to personal and emotional growth of children is useful and necessary.
PROJECT - SPECIAL EDUCATION
Who we help:
- Children with different types of disabilities: intellectual, physical, hearing, visual.
- Help children and adolescents with special education needs, due to intellectual and/or sensory disabilities; developing their skills, talents, intellect, habits and moral capacities, which will allow them to integrate into society.
- Welfare of children is one of the most important responsibilities of society, but poor economic conditions that exist in Peru, as well as hunger, malnutrition, unemployment and lack of a good medical care have made have a high level of disabilities that affect children which represent a health problem due to the impact on quality of life of the child, repercussion on family and resources that society must dedicate to their care.
Volunteer work / activities:
- Work in specific areas: sensory and mental deficiencies.
- Health: coordination and support in activities with the medical department.
- Assistance and social service.
- Skill development: Free time activities and integration with children.
- Sports and games activities.
- Direct actions and help to staff: Physical, psychological, speech therapy, etc.
- "Disability" is considered as a restriction or absence of carrying out activities in a normal way and affects a person in their environment. In general, it represents a temporary or permanent reduction of functional capacity. Hearing damage, amblyopia, physical deficiencies and intellectuals, speech disorder, physical disability of skeleton and muscles, among others.
- The volunteer program of Expand Peru promotes different activities which increase quality of care and special education services that children with disabilities receive, so that in this way, their quality of life and social integration improve.