«Educational, Social and Health Assistance Center»
Educational, social, food and medical assistance.
Who do we help
We help 40 children between 04 and 14 years of age in a state of poverty, educational, social, moral, and material risk, in Chupaca / Huancayo.
Improve the quality of life of the poorest children in rural areas and their families, through integral development, providing them with food, protection, education and health care in a healthy, safe and dignified family environment; away from
abuse, neglect and child labor.
The poorest populations in the Andes of Peru suffer many problems that are a consequence of poverty and social marginalization, but the most affected are children, since they are born they do not receive adequate food, they grow
exposed to many dangers and diseases, some leave their studies and others have to work since they are very young.They
do not have the possibility to enjoy their childhood, to play, learn and develop properly, their diet is very poor, as well as their health, there is a lot of malnutrition, anemia and parasitosis. In addition, their families are facing serious economic and social problems such as violence, alcoholism, abandonment, etc.
What do the “CASA” offer?
The Assistance Centers of Expand Peru called “CASA” take care of children in extreme poverty in the rural area of the Mantaro Valley in the Peruvian Andes in response to immediate needs, it is an important resource that helps families organize work with family life. They are social institutions that generate great benefits for society, family and children, covering the most important needs for their development and that of their family environment.
We work in four major areas:
Education, health, food and the social environment.
EDUCATION: We help in the educational formation of children, offering them an alternative to spend their time in a useful way, learning and improving their cognitive development in a framework of affectivity and respect.
- We contribute to improve their education by reinforcing the knowledge acquired in the school.
- We develop creative, recreational and sports activities, such as growth tools, personal development and improvement of their academic performance.
- We strengthen good habits of coexistence and respect.
- We promote the development of skills and talents.
- They are offered adequate space, out of danger, to play with other children guided by teachers, monitors and volunteers.
- We strengthen self-esteem and the vision of a better future.
HEALTH: We closely monitor the development of children, their health and that of their family, working primarily on preventive health.
- We monitor the health of children and their families.
- We take care of diseases and immediate problems, emergencies.
- We do prevention and awareness campaigns.
- We make home visits.
- We promote preventive health.
- We identify and develop intervention plans for vulnerable, disabled, elderly and pregnant populations.
- We also attend to other health issues, such as mental and oral health.
FOOD: Every day children and their families are given a ration of food, according to the nutritional needs of each.
- We provide daily meals to children and their families.
- We give advice and food planning to families.
SOCIAL ENVIRONMENT: Our social worker identifies problems in each family, which we help to solve through intervention plans.
- We give workshops to improve family life.
- Family monitoring and counseling are done.
- Problems of violence and abandonment are identified and solved.
- We provide safe spaces to play and meet friends during their time alone while parents are working.