Location And How To Arrive
Huancayo is one of the 5 most important cities in our country It is located in the Mantaro Valley, the largest in Peru. This city, which was founded at the time of the Spanish colonial rule, has trade and agriculture as its main economic activities. Due to its geographical position, its climate is cold and dry, with marked differences in temperature between day and night.
- Location: Central sierra of Peru
- Extension: 43,384 Km²- Altitude: 3,271 masl
- Population: 600,000 inhabitants
- Climate: It has a typical climate of the Andes, cold and dry, with some rainy months
- Temperature: Maximum of 23,6°C (74,6°F) and minimum of 4,3°C (39,7°F)
Expand Peru in Huancayo
How to arrive from Lima:
- By bus: There are many companies that carry out this tour. We recommend Cruz Del Sur and Oltursa as they have a good service that is both very comfortable and safe. They leave in the morning, at noon and at night. The trip lasts approximately 7 hours and the prices vary.
- By plane: The flight lasts only 30 minutes. They all leave from Jorge Chavez airport in Lima and arrive at Francisco Carlé airport in Jauja. The companies you can take are:
Pick UP / Transportation from LIMA
If necessary and only at the express request, our organization will send a person to pick up the volunteer at the airport in Lima We will install in an accommodation and will accompany the volunteer the next day to take them to the bus to Huancayo. This last option has an additional cost of 90 dollars per person and includes:
- Pick up at the airport and transfer to the accommodation in Miraflores (Lima)
- Accommodation for one night in the city of Lima / Accommodation type "Hostel"
- Transfer to the Bus terminal
- Bus ticket Lima – Huancayo