Today more than ever we must move from regret and criticism to active help, put our solidarity into action collaborating with those who need it most and are in abandonment.
For this reason we are raising money to buy food and bring it to those people who have nothing to eat, feel threatened by Covid-19 and cannot go out to work.
In this first effort, we want to help 200 families. The budget to acquire non-perishable food, personal cleaning items (soap) and masks is 20,000 soles.
All this will be distributed in the Ocopilla - Huancayo / Peru neighborhood, prioritizing families with the elderly, children and the sick, based on the list that “Tikani” already has, an NGO that has been working for more than 20 years in this area.
Why are we doing this?
Poverty, vulnerability, neglect and abandonment of a population living in misery, has prompted us to generate this project, hoping that many caring and good-hearted people will help us meet the goal of helping and somehow alleviate their suffering.
¿Que queremos conseguir?
What do we want to achieve?Deliver 200 bags of food, protective (masks) and cleaning material to the poorest people in the Ocopilla neighborhood in the city of Huancayo / Peru, families who have been affected by the spread of Covid-19 and the quarantine that the government has decreed. Many are elderly, children, a highly vulnerable population that does not have food and cannot go out to work.
Tikani (2008) and Expand Peru (1990) are two sister NGOs that work with the same objective, both have many years of activity and have a highly experienced team. They serve vulnerable populations in educational, social and public health issues, they know their problems very well, they know where, how and how to help. For the present project, we have arranged the ideal personnel; people who know the beneficiary population and its environment very well, as well as volunteers who will help us distribute the food.
We also want
- Deliver food, hope and the love of the people to this neglected population.
- Involve the general population in this aid and solidarity activity.
- Raise public opinion about the abandonment and neglect of some vulnerable human groups.
How will it be achieved?
- Expand Peru is the organization in charge of raising the necessary money, through its contacts, social networks, website and other means.
- Expand Peru and Tikani will be the organizations that will be in charge of buying food and distributing it.
- Each bag will have non-perishable food, cleaning materials (soap), as well as protective masks for a cost of 100 soles.
- All the material will be distributed by volunteers and Tikani staff.
- Expand Peru will be in charge of obtaining the necessary mobile units to collect and distribute the bags, as well as the necessary logistics to prevent and safeguard the health of the volunteers.
- The collaborators: All those who help with the donation of money, will be informed about the process of buying and distributing the bags and will have the right to suggest and request the pertinent information.