Aid projects, solidarity trips and volunteering in Peru
We are a Peruvian organization which has been working for more than 18 years in social, educational and medical projects, with the objective of improving the standard of living of the most needy and vulnerable populations of the central Andes of Peru.
“We carry out responsible work that guarantees affected populations and volunteers a positive, safe and high impact experience, directly contributing to the integral development of people in extreme poverty and social risk.”
- Expand Peru was founded in the city of Huancayo / Peru, on August 16, 1999. It works in marginal urban and rural areas with children and youth with social risks and in a state of abandonment.
- We promote volunteering as a mechanism that provides personal help to different social, educational and medical assistance centers. It is an organization in which very different people work, regardless of their nationality, race or religion.
- It's financed through volunteers and their own economic activities, we do not depend on international, national or public funds. It is not a political, religious, or commercial organization, we do not participate in any ideological movement.
To develop, promote and implement aid projects to contribute directly to the overall development of people living in extreme poverty and risk in central Peru.
- Conduct serious and responsible work that will guarantee beneficiaries, staff and volunteers a high-impact experience.
- Give volunteers from all over the world the opportunity to develop personally and professionally using their knowledge, skills, abilities and talents.
We assume social, ecological and economic responsibility in the management of all projects, which have been designed avoiding the alteration of the social and natural environment in which they are developed, thus fostering respect for local cultures and their environment. In each intervention area, a contribution is made that transcends time.
- In the planning and execution of all our projects, relations with the intervention communities, volunteers, coordinators, families, children and adolescents, are developed in harmony and mutual respect.
- We promote activities which contribute to the sustainable development of the community, in each area of intervention a contribution is made that transcends over time.
- Also we promote volunteering projects as a cultural exchange mechanism that generates development and provides assistance to populations in need.